THOR 2: THE DARK WORLD : The next instalment to Marvel’s superhero franchise THOR is ripe and is going to be released on October 30th. The pre-hype for the movie is already upbeat, and the excitement about the movie is increasing every day. I, as a Thor fan, am anxiously looking forward to the movie and expecting another marvel from the house of Marvel Comics. THOR 2: THE DARK WORLD  is surely looking a potential blockbuster to me.
As far as the promotion of the movie goes, it is not as extensive as we would’ve expected. This may have been because there’s still nearly a month to the release. Movie trailers, posters and TV spots have already been released to heighten the curiosity about the movie. As more and more stuff about THOR 2: THE DARK WORLD keeps coming in, we have something special for you.
If you like Thor, today’s piece of article would be of great delight to you. Today, I give you ten exciting facts about THOR 2: THE DARK WORLD that you would love to get a hold on.
Ten Exciting Facts About THOR 2: THE DARK WORLD
Here are the cool stuff that you didn’t know about Thor 2. These are the facts that are associated with either pre-production or post-production of the movie. Here we go then!
1. Interestingly, Thor 2: The Dark World was initially titled as ” Thor: Thursday Mourning” – even the entire movie was shot in England under this title – however, the title was later changed to “The Dark World”. The rationale was that, Thursday is derived from Norse Mythology, in which Thursday means Thor’s Day.
2. Iceland was chosen as the prime setting for Svartalfheim’s dark world because of its black volcanic panoramas.
3. The producers created an entirely new language for the Dark Elves. Interestingly, Christopher Eccleston and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje had to learn the language and memorize some of the script for a few scenes.
4. Actor Mads Mikkelsen was initially considered for the character of Malekith. He, however had some commitment with Hannibal so he finally dropped out. Christopher Eccleston was then cast instead.
5. The actors & extras playing Dark Elves – the new addition to the story and the antagonist army – were professionally trained by trainers to actually appear as Dark Elves which are considered to be proud and noble. Special helmets and eye-lines were given to the team to make them look like Dark Elves.
6. The producers had made 30 different hammers to be used in the movie. The main hammer that Thor carries, was made of aluminium. A special lit hammer was made to replicate lightening as it emitted light everytime the lightening effect was applied.
7. The character of Malekith – played by Christopher Eccleston – in comics books – had a scar on the right side of his face, in the movie however, it is on the left side of the face.
8. Thor fights a creature made of stone – the creature is called Kronan and it was supposed to appear in the first Thor movie as it appears in Thor’s first comic.
9. On the sets, director Alan Taylor would let Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje do all his stunts by himself because he was so impressed by the way he carried out the movement of the character.
10. To show Asgard’s waterfalls, a special aerial camera crew was assigned a job to capture Dettifoss Waterfall in Iceland from every possible angle. The scenes were then adapted for the movie. Dettifoss Waterfall is the most powerful waterfall of Europe.
Did you find above mentioned facts interesting? Got another interesting fact? Do share it with us in the comments section below!
Time Travel Infographics: Hollywood has been quite heavily obsessed with time-travel. There have been numerous movies which
Favorite director - Quentin Tarantino. Favorite movie - Pulp Fiction. Favorite actor - Johnny Depp. Favorite Quote - "If you're good at something, never do it for free" - A true movie aficionado & analyst who eats, sleeps and lives movies. A living, walking movie database who likes to read & write about movies in overabundance.